Thursday, April 7, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  This morning I registered for this:
But the half.  I will be in Calgary for work anyway, so travel, accomodation, etc. are already covered!  I think it will be a good way to keep myself motivated post-Vancouver marathon on May 1st.

2.  Tempo Run last night was semi-successful.  I definitely pushed my pace, but at times pushed a bit too hard, and then eased up, and then was too comfortable.  I have a hard time finding the right pace where I am pushing myself but not so much that I can't sustain the pace for a longer period.  I'm pretty new to tempo runs, so I think I just need some practice.

3.  I am really looking forward to my long run this weekend!  I have my 32K route picked out already, with a big uphill in the beginning and a big downhill and mostly flat second half in hopes that I will finish in comfort.  It's supposed to be 14*C on Saturday and I can't wait to break out the shorts for the first time this season!

7 comments:

  1. OMG ANOTHER B.C. RUNNER/BLOGGER.

    I am so excited!

    Yay for the Calgary half. I really wanted to do that one and had it on my tentative plans for a half-marathon to do this year but I don't think I'm going to be able to swing it now. Maybe next year.

    Good luck with the marathon! I did my first half-marathon in Vancouver in May 2009 and the course was BEAUTIFUL. One day (maybe in 2012) I will do the full marathon there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to add a bit of a hill near the end of your run to simulate the Burrard bridge! Have a great run and then you can look forward to taper madness... :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your long run this weekend! It is supposed to be really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE signing up for races, that helps me motivate myself and get out there and run. Enjoy your long run!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My coach is going to be in Calgary for the marathon! Wish I could come.

    Good luck with your 20 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to run in the places where I go for work or for tourism. You made the right thing.
    The tempo runs help a lot to improve the speed.
    Enjoy your long run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope your run went well today. I absolutely LOVE that you are running a half marathon while on a work trip! that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete