Friday, April 22, 2011

Five for Friday

1.  Wednesday night's group run ended with 3 x 400m on the track.  It was just enough to remind me that I like to run fast!  I hadn't been on a track since high school, but once I got a taste, I knew I would be back...

2.  Today, It decided to do one more speed workout before the marathon, back at the track.  After last week's 800s, I wanted to do more of the same and settled on 8x800 with 2 minute recoveries, but was worried  I wouldn't be able to do 2 more at the same pace as last week.  My  goal was 5:15/km (which was my goal last week but I went faster), but I couln't quite help myself from going faster (again).

4:02 - A little faster than planned.
4:08 - That's better.
4:03 - Whoops!
3:57 - What's happening?
3:53 - Where did that come from?
3:57 - How many more do I have to do?
4:02 - Panting.
4:02 - Just. One. More. To. Go.

I have to admit, I was exhausted after this run.  Thank goodness for a long weekend!

3.  I got new shoes last week!  I stuck with Saucony Triumphs, and couldn't believe how different they feel compared to my old ones.  I had lost track of the miles run on the old pair over the winter when I was switching between pairs and they were very, very flat.  Feels good to have a little cushioning again!

4.  Happy Earth Day!  There's an Earth Day Fun Run in town tomorrow and I'm going to try to incorporate it into my long run. 

5.  This one's just for Canadians:  VOTE!  Advanced polls are open noon - 8pm today, Saturday and Monday.  I voted in the advanced polls because I will be driving back from the Vancouver Marathon on Election Day, May 2nd. 

Links to the party platforms, and proof that politicians can be funny can be found here:  http://www.vintagevoter.ca/

2 comments:

  1. You are working hard and this means that you will run a great marathon.
    Good luck for the Fun Run of today, take care and don't push, remember that you have just made a speed workout and you are waiting for the main event.
    Enjoy your new Saucony.
    Have a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you killed the speed workout! Awesome!! Don't forget to tapper though :)

    ReplyDelete