I was on a roll. I've had good run after good run after great run. It had to come to an end some time. Today was the day.
It was a beautiful day. So beautiful, that my body couldn't quite handle it. I guess when you get used to sub-zero (celcius) temperatures, those first days in the teens are down right balmy! To the (relative) heat, add a bit of dehydration and tired legs from my speedy run yesterday, and a bad night's sleep, and you end up with a pretty blah run. It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't good. It definitely wasn't great. And it was only 12K.
I just wanted to take it easy, around 6:15/km which I think is going to be my marathon pace. But I just couldn't find it. Every time I looked at my Garmin I was either going way too fast, or way too slow. My average pace per km is all over the map:
5:56/km
5:46/km (Take it easy!)
6:08/km
5:56/km
5:55/km
6:11/km
6:22/km
6:17/km
6:04/km
6:02/km
6:37/km (What was going on here?)
5:53/km
5:57/km
On the bright side, it really was a beautiful day and there were lots of other runners and walkers out enjoying the River Walk and soaking up their vitamin D!
This was my last long run of training. Only 3 nice and easy runs to go before M-Day. Fingers crossed today was just a blip and I'll be back on my roll by Sunday!
Current forecast for next Sunday: Rain. :(
Better having a blah run today then in a week from now :) You will do awesome next week :)
ReplyDeletehey at least u ran 12 k! u will do great at ur race.
ReplyDeletesooo, its almost may and i feel like we need a challenge. a challenge that will prepare us for summer.