Thursday, June 10, 2010

Running on the Road

It's been a tricky week to start marathon training.  I started with a 4K instead of a 5K on Tuesday.  Wednesday, I woke up, put on my running clothes and headed out to run before Grandma and I left on our roadtrip.  I mad it all the way to....


....the end of the driveway.  Ya.  I just didn't feel like running.  I was itching to get on the road, and I knew Grandma was too.  I could have forced myself to get through the 5K on the schedule, but I didn't.  Not really getting off to a great start here. 

Yesterday we drove as far as Kelowna, mostly in the pouring rain, but the sky cleared as we got into town and we went out for a big pasta dinner with yummy Okanagan wine.  Delish!  I woke up this morning still feeling full, and was actually energized to run!  I headed out for 5K along Okanagan Lake.  Alas, I did not see Ogopogo, but I did feel good on the run and added an extra kilometer for good measure.

Unfortunately we ended the day today in Cranbrook.  It's funny how you can never visit a place and have an image in your head of what it's like.  I always thought Cranbrook was a quaint little mountain town, with lots of trees and a lazy river running through it.  Nuh-uh.  Cranbrook is grey and industrial.  I'm not sure how the run will go tomorrow, or if it will happen at all - but I'm not worried about it. I would just be making up for the missed run on Wednesday.  Grandma and I are having a great time, and if there's any good week to get off the marathon schedule, the first one with the lowest mileage the week after running a half marathon while travelling through beautiful mountains with Grandma has got to be it!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the disappointment with Cranbrook! Hopefulyl the next stop will have more to offer. Great job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I am glad that you are having a nice time with your grandma! I am sure that she enjoys spending the time with you:) This week has been a slow week of running for me too. We have had things going on....next week will be better for the both of us:) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shoud have stopped in Fernie hun xxx Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are having a good time. No worries on the marathon training - you'll be just fine. Enjoy the time with your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about the training, you are in a a good shape since you just ran the half marathon. Enjoy the time with your grandma!!

    ReplyDelete