Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Friday!

It's Day Four with NO Iced Capps and I'm doing well.  I haven't even cheated with a frappucino from the local coffee shop or Starbucks.  Yay me!


I believe I am ready for my race this weekend.

Grandma and I will drive to PG tomorrow to pick up my race package and drive the course route.


(Here's Grandma and I on our trip out to Barkerville earlier this week).

I have my race outfit picked out, my playlist ready on my iPod, my gels and my shoes, AND most importantly, my brunch location picked out for after the race!


That's the brightest top I have so Grandma can see me crossing the finish line!  (Don't you love the green carpet?)

Now all that's left is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!  I've been doing really well in that area lately, but blew it yesterday and really felt it on my run today. 

And I almost forgot - my goals for the race.  Hmm, I've looked at the course map and am not too familiar with the streets that it follows.  The map also didn't indicate directions so at one point I'm either running up or down a VERY steep hill.  There's also a short out and back portion that turns around right about where I saw a bear while running last fall.  It also follows Foothills Blvd, and no matter the direction there will be a series of long ups and downs there, which may or may not be in the first or second half of the race.  Basically, it's hard to say how the course will be.  The weather is forecast to be pretty ideal.  10*C and sunny with cloudy periods in the morning (and warming up as the day goes on to 18*C).


Sooo...

I will be ok with anything under 2:15
I will be happy with anything under 2:11 (my time at the Vancouver race)
I will be very very very happy 2:06:xx or less (anything under 6:00 per km pace)

Have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. I just started reading your blog and I enjoy it! I'm also training for my first marathon in the fall!! Good luck on your half marathon tomorrow!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job resisting those iced coffees!

    Good luck at the half! Love the outfit choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! i will do great!

    cute outfit! love the bright top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow in the race!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,
    Good luck to you! I am sending you some run fast positive race vibes:) Love the outfit! I will be waiting for your race report:)

    ReplyDelete