After a kinda lame-o running week following my race the weekend before, I got out for a 15 km run on Saturday and felt great. It was a beautiful day and there were lots of people out running, biking, and walking. I finished up in time to head to the first Farmer's Market of the year, and then to the last 10 minutes of the Museum Book Sale where they were giving away as many books as you could carry for $2!!! Following that, the BF and I headed to a local nursery and picked up some plants, including tomatoes, strawberries, basil and peppers for my first attempt at a garden since age 10. I'm pretty excited to get started!
Sunday we headed out for a hike on a mining claim. Yes, I live in an area that has a gold rush history, and there are still a few crazy miners about. We had fun exploring the old junk!
Here's me on a piece of equipment:
And here's me hanging out the back of a wrecked bus:
It was a great weekend!
I am away for work for the early part of this week, but managed to get a 10 km run in yesterday morning before I left. Another great day, and a good run - at 57:12, this was the fastest I've ever run for 10km! Unfortunately, I ended up with a blister on my thumb from my new handheld water bottle. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Am I going to develop thumb calluses now? Geesh.
Hi Amy,
ReplyDeleteIt sure sounds like you had a fun week! I love farmers markets and could spend hours just walking around. Minneapolis has a great one:) Good luck with your gardening adventure! I wish that we had more room in our yard for a nice garden.
Great pictures of your gold mining exploration day:)
Great job on the speedy 10K! Looks like a fun exploration hike too.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun week! Nice job on the 10k. I've never gotten a blister from a handheld though. Is it possible you weren't holding it quite right? Maybe it needs to be tighter or looser or... Which one do you have?
ReplyDelete