1. Lululemon took my feedback! A couple of months ago I ordered a sports bra from lululemon.com. It came in a giant plastic bag, inside a giant plastic envelope, along with a large lululemon reusable bag. For a company that claims to be green, this wasn't! At the bottom of the lulu site is an icon that says we *heart* feedback, so I sent some. I suggested using appropriate sized plastic envelopes for mailing, and making the reusable bag optional when you order online because once you have a few, you have enough! I had read somewhere that the resources used to make one of those reusable bags is equivalent to 50 plastic bags! I received an email back the very next day saying they would consider my suggestion. This week when I ordered a new tank online, I was excited to see they now have a checkbox on the online order page where you can say "No thanks," to another bag. That's thanks to me!
2. Super awesome long run today! I had to go out today because I'm going camping for the weekend and encountering a bear or even a moose 10 km into a run just doesn't sound fun to me. It was cooler today than it has been, so no more chafing. I ran around Dragon Lake, a total of 18 km (11.2 miles). I walked for 1 minute every 3 kms, and walked for 2 minutes while I took a gel at 8K. My goal pace was 6:10/km (9:55/mile), but even with the walking I averaged a 5:58/km (9:36/mile), and I felt great when I finished!
3. It's a long weekend! Yippee!! I'm very excited to get out and go camping. I bought myself a tent for my 30th birthday last year, but didn't get a chance to use it last summer so it's nice to get an early start this year. It's supposed to be cold and rainy tomorrow so I'm hoping that keeps the campground quiet because Sunday and Monday are supposed to be BEAUTIFUL!
4. This weekend is the Quesnel to Barkerville Relay run - a 100 km hilly course. I don't know enough PEOPLE, let alone runners in town yet to be able to make a team, hence the planned camping trip. I got asked yesterday if I could sub on a team! Nuts! Camping trip was already planned so I had to say no. Next year!
5.
My first Bloggy Tag! Marlene at Mission to A(nother) Marathon tagged me to list 7 random things about myself and then tag others to do the same. Here it goes:
- In grade 11 my chemistry teacher told me I should drop from advanced to general level classes and not take any more science. I have an Honours Degree in Biology and am qualified to teach science and math - but I don't teach in part because I fear it will turn me into a giant grouch like that teacher.
- I lived in New Zealand for a year (it's where I went to teachers college).
- When I was 25, I started looking for a job overseas, found a one year contract, took it, and left for China within a 10 day period. I didn't return to Canada for 2 years.
- I used to dance competitively. When I was 13, I was in a group that won a qualifying competition and got to go to Las Vegas for the finals. 25 girls + their moms + Vegas dance competition = Craziness
- I have received 2 birthday gifts that I consider to be the best gifts ever: When I was 21, my dad gave me the funds needed for a 7 week backpacking trip around Europe. When I was 10, friends gave me a ticket to go to see New Kids On the Block at Exhibition Place in Toronto - and we got to go WITHOUT parents!
- I'm an only child.
- I have a ridiculous weakness for ice cream. When I started dating my boyfriend I was working for the same youth program I work for now, but in a role where I lived with the participants. We couldn't buy sweets with the grocery budget, so no ice cream. The first time I went to my boyfriend's house he had the freezer STOCKED with ice cream - just for me. That's when I started thinking this could be something serious!

Hi Amy,
ReplyDeleteI loved this post! I am such a hug fan of randomness:) It is such a treat for me to find out interesting facts about blogger friends! I love the ice cream story about your boyfriend:) Very sweet...he sounds like a great guy!
Nice work on your run..keep it up! Happy Friday!
Great job getting your long run done pre-camping. HAVE FUN and enjoy the long weekend. We have a few camping trips planned this summer... can't wait.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with the tag!
Very cool that Lululemon took your feedback! Love all the random stuff about you!
ReplyDelete