Thursday, May 13, 2010

33 Gazillion Things Thursday

Well, not really - but I feel as if I've done 33 gazillion things this week and am still nowhere near the bottom of the to-do list.  Do you ever have weeks like that?  It feels like the more I get done, the more I have to do!

Monday was a 14 hour work day, Tuesday was about the same.  Yesterday I *only* worked 11 hours.  Never again will I schedule performance review meetings with staff at the same time as meetings with community members at the same time as meetings with youth in the program.  Somehow I've managed to squeeze in some running. 

Running in a different town is great!  I forgot my Garmin at home, but I estimate I ran a little over 5K in Vanderhoof on Tuesday afternoon.  It was warm, and it was really feeling like summer.  Though I've done some longer runs since the half marathon, this felt like my strongest run since the race.  It was rejuvinating to be running on different streets and paths and not know what was coming around the next corner.  On a side note, Vanderhoof's claim to fame is that it is the geographical centre of the province of BC - for a town of 4000, I think that is so cute!

After working a full week's worth of work in the first three days of this week, I made sure that I made it to the gym for a break today and got on the treadmill for my first solid interval workout in a couple of weeks.  4x800m with a mile to warm up and .5 mile to cool down, felt pretty good and I wished I had more time to do more.

It's official!  I've signed up for the Family Y 1/2 Marathon in Prince George on June 6th.  Funny - specific times are given for package pick up on Saturday, but I can't find what time the race starts on Sunday!  There is an email address for questions - this person must be getting bombarded with emails!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're finding some time to run in the midst of that crazy schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a crazy week! Glad you still got some running in.

    ReplyDelete