Thursday, February 4, 2010

Treadmill Roll

Second day this week on the treadmill! Woot! I've heard there are people that go on the treadmill several times per week, and even daily, but I have never managed to be one of those people before. Usually, my resolutions to go to the gym and use the treadmill result in one visit followed by a very long hiatus. After my treadmill run earlier this week, and time spent researching marathons, I was actually excited to get back on it today, and since today's run felt easier than the last I'm almost looking forward to tomorrow's gym visit. And even if I wake up tomorrow morning feeling differently, I've now put it here, in writing, that I will go to the gym and run on the treadmill again, and so I have to do it.

That's really how this is supposed to work. Even if no one is reading this blog, it's out there for the world to see, and if I've told the world I'm going to run a marathon, then I better do it. Of course, I've only told one actual person about this plan, and the person I've told is very forgiving and will not make me feel bad in the least if I don't follow through. But the world knows. The world will make me follow through.

If the world isn't motivating enough, little rewards work well too. As the gym is unbearably hot because most of the people that go there seem to use it as a place to meet up and chat with friends and sit on the machines rather than actually work out, I ordered a new tanktop from lululemon online today.

3 more miles today in 30 minutes. Does last night's yoga class count as a workout?

1 comment: