I've noticed other bloggers use aliteration in their daily post titles, and I've decided to jump on the bandwagon today, though I hope this particular title is a one time thing, and not a weekly occurence.
Today's workout was not one of my best. In fact, it was probably the worst since I started this whole treadmill/blog update thing. I'm not really sure what went wrong. I got to the gym and got a parking spot right out front (isn't that silly that that makes me happy?). I had the changeroom to myself without any crying babies. The floor was almost dry and not sopping wet from swimmers. There weren't many people in the gym. I got directly on the treadmill without a wait. And then it all started going wrong. I had decided on a 40 minute run on setting 5.8, just a little slower than 10 minutes per mile with a speedy walk to warm up. I had downloaded an episode of Mad Men onto my iPod so I didn't have to watch the ridiculous torch walk on tv. After about 2 minutes, I felt exhausted. I couldn't stop looking at the clock. It seemed as if time was going backwards. Somehow I managed to run for 38 minutes, and then called it a day.
I want to get out cross country skiing this weekend, but it's 4* outside, so I'm not too optimistic that there will be any snow for my usual Sunday ski.
No comments:
Post a Comment