I've been a bit of a blogging slacker this week. I've been a bit of a running slacker too. I've tried to run, and I've tried to write, but I just end up sounding like a big whiney-pants (yes, whiney-pants), and who wants to listen to that?!
I had a good week last week until my weekend long run. Somehow I managed to procrastinate until it was no longer the weekend, and then just decided that Monday would be a fresh start. It was a fall back week, I was full of excuses, none of them were good, I just didn't run. End of story.
Monday, I ran. A whole 2 miles. Again, no good reason, I just procrastinated until I was out of time, and that's all I could fit in.
Tuesday, I was back on track with 5 speedy miles, but by Wednesday I was back off the wagon.
Today, I went out for a nice long 16K/10miles, on a new route (I'm out of town for work), and NO music and tried to figure out what was going on.
Here's what I came up with:
Nothin'.
I have no new reason for not getting my runs in, or for not feeling like running. At least no reason that doesn't make me sound like a giant whiney-pants.
What I did come up with was a plan to get back on track. Tomorrow - run for fun in Vanderhoof before heading back to my same old routes around home. On my way home, I'm stopping to buy some new runners. It's not quite time yet, but new shoes are never a bad idea when you're not quite feeling up to snuff. Then, for my long run on Saturday/Sunday I'm going to come up with one reason I like running for every km that I run. I will get myself outta this slump!
I hear you!! I feel very similar. I should run 3 times during the weekend and the last few weeks I got only2 runs in and this week only 1 weekday run!! I'm very creative in finding excuses! :) For some reason I don't have a problem with the weekend long runs.
ReplyDeleteAT this point, I have no idea how to motivate you. But if you find the recipe to get motivation back - Let me know!!!! :)
I had a bad slump in Aug...I went with it, let it run out and am over it. I feel better now but this is always a tough stretch in training.
ReplyDeleteIt.will.pass....
Hi Aimee,
ReplyDeleteWe all go through little slumps in our training. You are marathon training and let's be honest...sometimes it gets old:( Hang in there you will have some fantastic runs in the near future! I hope that you have a nice weekend!
Meh, I think we all hit these patches... sometimes for no good reason! Hope you find your groove again this weekend!
ReplyDelete