Friday, September 10, 2010

One month...

One month from today I will have completed my first marathon.  Yay!

This has been another busy week.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, it's like the first day of school, but with young volunteers coming from across the country to live, learn and work together.  I just got home from facilitating a quick 2 day orientation and I'm wiped - but also excited for the new groups!  They seem to be a good and enthusiastic bunch.  The start of a new program year always renews my enthusiasm for what I do and the role I play in guiding Canadian youth to being engaged citizens.

Favourite quote of the week:  We only volunteer 35 hours a week?  Can we do more?

Love it!

Second fave:  Am I allowed to go for a run?

(I think I have a new friend).

I managed to get my runs in too.  8K on Tuesday, 14K on Wednesday before heading to the airport to meet everyone and another 8.5K this morning.  I have a fall back week for my long run this weekend - 14 miles/22.5K.  As I still have some paperwork to finish up tonight, I think I'll be sleeping in tomorrow and saving the run til Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. 1 month - sounds scary :) I'm soo impressed about your training and the runs you out in, I know you will do just fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, that month is going to fly by!!! You'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete