Two weeks means that I'm in taper mode and seem to have way too much free time on my hands.
Two weeks means that I can check the 14 day weather outlook for Victoria (current forecast for the 10th is 13 degrees Celcius and partly cloudy).
Two weeks also seems to mean that I'm now
The second dream, I was actually doing a triathalon, but I'd brought the wrong clothes, and had to swim in track pants and was going to have to run and bike in soggy cotton. Ick.
Last night, I dreamt that I was running behind schedule, but still able to make the start line, but I'd forgotten to pack running socks. I only had big, thick, wooly socks with me. Ugh.
Here's the thing - in each of these dreams, my mom was there. In the first one, she encouraged me to run anyway, to finish the marathon for the time on my watch and not for the time on the clock. In the second dream, she laughed at how ridiculous it was, and rushed around to find me better gear. In the final dream, she showed up at the last second wearing my favourite running socks, and we traded at the start line.
My mom died over 10 years ago, but I think she's going to be with me on race day.
Wow. Dreams can be very powerful! I am sure you will have a great first marathon and your mom will be there with you in spirit!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your mom will be with you during the race and you will be running a great race!!! You trained soo hard for it!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Amy,
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, the marathon is just two weeks away! It is going to be here before you know it and you are ready! I am so excited for you:)
Yes, your mom will be with you on race day. You should take a few minutes during the run to talk to her:) Even though she may not be here physically you must know that she is with you in your heart:) I bet she is so proud of you:) Have a wonderful week Amy!
Wow..very powerful. Your mom will be 'there' for sure.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear all about the race!
The countdown is on!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, I got chills over the dreams about your Mom...she'll definitely be with you!
ReplyDeleteoh that is so cool!!! You know what I started doing was thinking about how I wanted the race to go before falling asleep and it helped turned my dreams around...granted no one cool ever visited in my dreams :)
ReplyDeleteThat gave me a shiver! We all have weird dreams before marathons, but I think it's super cool that your mom has been in all of yours.
ReplyDelete