Of course, it's not really having time, it's making time. It's making the right choices in how I use my time. This week, with Christmas over, and me off of work, there's nothing but time and no excuses! It was easy to get out there today, even if the ice made it a little tricky to stay upright! I admit, I have been making too many excuses lately, and though I have my motivation back, I've still been having trouble getting out the door because of the weather, work, Christmas shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking, etc. None of these are good excuses/reasons not to run, I've just been putting all of that other stuff ahead of running, and then run out of time during the daylight, and then waste time on the couch in the evening. (I have been sticking to daylight running because it has been very icy for the past 2 weeks).
I'm not making year long goals for 2012 (post coming soon!), but I am making a resolution:
Not enough time is not an excuse.
Though the days are shorter, and the weather colder, I am lucky enough to have a flexible work schedule and can (almost) always schedule my work around my running. Some low days before Christmas and my jeans fitting more tightly tell me that it's time to make running a priority once again.
Great idea!!!
ReplyDelete