Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday's Mindset

This morning I woke up feeling:  Motivated.

What a great start to the week!  Between joining the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge, and the upcoming 30 for 60 challenge, and just being fed up with my own recent laziness, I'm ready for a comeback!

It's a cool morning and we've had a bit of snow, so I bundled up in my tights, headband, mitts, and jacket and wore my trail shoes for a little extra grip on the snow.  After a few runs broken with walk breaks over the last couple of weeks, I felt ready to try 5 K of running, without the walking.  I left the Garmin at home so as not to be frustrated by the slow numbers.  I didn't care about time, I just wanted to run, slow and steady and all the way around the loop.

Mission accomplished! 

To keep this motivation going, I'm going to be working on a flexible plan that lets me slowly build up my mileage to get back into a regular routine.  I'm going to keep running Garmin-free until I've got a few more runs under my belt/the roads are clear (because snow always slows me down anyway).

Have you signed up for a challenge over the holidays?

5 comments:

  1. Way to start the week off right! I'm in for HBBC too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the new layout of the site.
    I am also doing HBBC. its a great motivator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about the challenges this year. I need to get back on track ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 challenges: a 20 miler workout tomorrow and the marathon on 18th.
    I hope.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i kind of wish I didn't have any more races so I could just leave the garmin at home for awhile

    ReplyDelete