I woke up early this morning and went straight to my laptop to get started on work so that I can cut out early to meet a friend for a run.
That worked out well for about 20 minutes. Then the obsessing began.
I'll just go re-read that race email I got yesterday.
I'll just take another look at the race website
Ooo! I wonder if the weather forecast has changed for Sunday (I've already been checking this for the past week)
What bus do I take to get to the race?
How does the gear check work again?
Maybe the forecast has been updated...
Let me take another look at that big hill on google street view...
Maybe it would be better to bus/skytrain to the race?
Are they STILL calling for rain?
Where are the water stops?
I need to make a pre-race to-do list:
- pick up race package
- make new playlist
- charge ipod
- confirm transportation with a
VancouverianVancouveritelocal - wash shirt for race day so I don't smell before the race even starts
- pack bag
- drink water
- drink water
- drink water
My work training wrapped up on Tuesday evening, with a big yummy Mexican meal. I'm blaming three big restaurant meals in a row for my lame-o run yesterday. I started in the fitness centre on the treadmill, but it was so hot in there I ran out to the street for the final 2 km. Not a great run, and the pain in my knee was still there.
I checked out of the hotel after the run and made my way over to my good friend Jo's place where I'm staying for the rest of the week. Luckily for me, Jo happens to be a physiotherapist extraordinaire so she took a look at my knee last night. In her expert opinion, it is safe for me to run, maybe with a couple of ibuprofen in my pocket just in case. Phew!
Arrangements are made to meet up with a friend this afternoon to run the big hill that is near the end of the race and a little 5 km loop in Stanley Park and then go pick up our race packages because she is running too. It will be good to see the starting area and know exactly where I'm going, where I check my stuff, where I can pee on race day. There were only 33 women running the Quesnel Women's Fall Challenge half marathon last October. This race has 14,000 participants in the various distances.
Breathe, Amy. Breathe.
Hi Amy,
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be just fine:) Rain or shine it will all work out...trust me! You are ready...look at your list:) I love it! Good luck to you!
Ahhh, pre-race nerves & excitement! Good luck!!
ReplyDeletebreathe is correct! u will do great! as soon as you get there and start running, all those nerves will go away. no worries.
ReplyDeleteand i am soooo sorry, i have not had the chance to mail our ur prize. i have it sitting on my table, but it needs to be mailed. its been a crazy long week. i will mail it by monday! sorry.