Monday - 5K
Check! It was tough to get out of bed this morning, but I pried myself out from under the covers and bundled up for a chilly run. I waited until the last minute to leave the house so that I would be running in daylight and not need my headlamp. Another week or two and this will be less of an issue for 5K runs.
Tuesday: Group run
Tuesday's group run was a good one. The BF had to work late so I rushed home to let the dogs out rather than staying in town, then brought Cookie back into town with me to join the group for the run. She nearly lost her mind with excitement when she saw there were 2 other dogs there, but once she had her place ahead of the other pups she settled in and was very good with the other runners. The plan was to run to the track at the high school, then do laps of the track until everyone had made it there. This way the faster runners would get more laps, but everyone would do at least one before we left as a group to head back downtown. Unfortunately, the track was still covered in snow so we did laps around the parking lot instead. Not quite the same, but I still tried to use it as a speed workout and Cookie actually got to run as opposed to the little trot she does next to me at my normal pace.
Wednesday:
I could NOT get out of bed this morning. I figured I could do yoga in the evening instead, but got side tracked baking cupcakes. Oh well.
Thursday:
Because I was having such a hard time getting out of bed this week, I decided to join the group for a run on Thursday as well. I had an 8K run on my schedule and the Thursday group does 8-10K (Tuesday is 5-7K), so it was perfect. I brought Cookie again since she had so much fun the first time and I've been slacking in the walking department this week. As the route was described I was thinking it sounded a little longer than 8K, but I had never run part of the route before so maybe not. My Garmin died at about 4K so I didn't know how far we were going, but we were still headed "out" at this point. The pace was nice and easy, and it was just above 0C with a light drizzle of rain. There were only 6 of us running, but we all stuck together and when we got back to the store where we started we had done 12K. Definitely longer than we planned, and longer than I would have done in the rain at that temperature without a group. Sometimes a group is a great motivator!
Friday: rest
I didn't even try to get up to do yoga on Friday morning. I just took the extra sleep.
Saturday: Long run 9.55K
Since my run with the group on Thursday was the same distance as what I had planned for my long run this week, I decided to run about 8K which is what I had planned for Thursday. I was not feeling very motivated on Saturday morning and decided a change of scenery would help, so I drove to a school to park and ran a loop that I had not done in awhile but I figured was somewhere between 8-10K. I like this loop because it starts flat, then has a big downhill, followed by rolling hills before a big climb, then rolling hills back to the start. It makes me smile running this and enjoying it because there was a time that I avoided hills at all costs and now I go looking for them on days when I don't feel motivated! It was snowing lightly throughout this run, but the roads were quiet and I did not see many vehicles. I did see a crow and a bald eagle fighting over some A&W fries that had been tossed out a car window, but it was otherwise a nice run, and of course, I was glad I got my butt in gear and went.
Sunday:
We had something come up and did not get to snowshoe this week. Though spring is officially beginning this week, I think we'll still have several weeks of snow just a short drive from town.
Running this week: 33.05km
Yoga-ing this week: 0
Phone a friend: Auntie Holly and Grandma
Highlights of the week: 4 solid runs, and a shamrock shake!
It is wonderful how you are still staying active but, I think it is awesome that you show you are human too such as getting "side tracked baking cupcakes" and choosing to have some extra sleep.
ReplyDeleteMakes me feel a little better about myself.
I also had a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's this week. :) I love anything green and minty.