Monday - Run 5K
I started the week off well with a Monday morning 5K run. I felt good on this run and did a double loop around the street on the other side of the main road. I felt good on this run and always love starting the week with one run already down.
Tuesday - Group run 7.2 K
Another good group run. I stayed up near the front which meant some extra distance because we doubled back to pick up the slower runners at the back at a couple of intersections. It wasn't a super speedy run overall, but I really pushed at the end and my last kilometer was my fastest in a long time.
Wednesday - Yoga
Ugh. This was when things sorta took a turn downhill. I just kept hitting that snooze button. Still, 10 minutes is better than nothing and it was nice to get a good stretch after the run the night before.
Thursday - Nothing.
Friday - Nada.
Saturday - 5K walk
Cookie and I met a friend and her 2 year old for a walk around the riverfront trail. It was a grey day, but not too cold and there were lots of puddles for splashing.
Sunday - 1.5 hour walk in the snow.
We took the dogs for a walk on a friend's property. Several people had been out snowshoeing previously and with no fresh snow in a few days, it was pretty packed down. We left our snowshoes in the truck and just walked in our boots. The trails took us to new areas we hadn't been before, and it was a beautiful day. The dogs loved it! We also saw some wildlife - a little rabbit and a mouse, as well as lots of evidence of moose and more rabbits.
| Moose tracks. |
| Maybe not a great photo, but that big indentation is where a moose lied down for a nap. |
| Wasscally Wabbits! |
Ok, so maybe this week wasn't a total bust. I started and ended well, with a few not so great days in the middle.
Time spent yoga-ing: 10 minutes Boo!
Time spent cross training: 2 hours 30 minutes
Phone a friend: The Lizzaroo (again)
Highlights of the week: Another great run with the group on Tuesday, a healthy smoothie breakfast EVERY DAY, long weekend.
Race on the Horizon: Prince George 1/2 marathon (June 2)
That still is a very good week!
ReplyDelete