![]() |
| (I gave up rotating this one!) |
No set mileage, no set times, no set workouts, no days assigned. I know that each run will be at least 5K, and I know that I'll push myself harder on some runs to try to get faster. I know that I will do some kind of race in the spring, but I haven't decided on distance. For now, if I feel like doing more, I will, and snowshoeing and skiing are inter-changeable depending on what I feel like doing. As long as I do some strength training of some sort each week, I'll be happy. It's about building a habit this month, not getting a six pack.
How much do you plan when you're not training for a race?

I like having a sorta-plan when I am not training for a race. It is nice not to get too stressed about fitting in a long run or speed work, but I do always have a fear that laziness will creep in somehow!
ReplyDeleteIt sure is a good reminder of my love for running when I go out because I want to, and not because I have to!
I can't really answer your question a I am always training for a race. I have my races planned many years in advance and run at least one but mostly two races per month. My plan is ready for the next 5 years at least. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect plan for you! I used to plan in super detail and started to just give myself a weekly mileage and a rough idea of what the long run should be and the rest was more by feel and when I felt like running. That worked great for me!
ReplyDelete