Today's run was my longest run since July. Eek! Regardless of the fact that it wasn't all that long, it still felt good to go out and do something more than 5 K.
My plan was to run 8K or 50 minutes, whichever came first. I didn't wear my Garmin, but I was running a familiar route and didn't want to worry about pace.
The first couple of kms ticked by and before I knew it, I was half done. I was definitely over-dressed and warm, but I was suprised how good I was feeling at this point, and even more surprised when I looked at my watch at 5K and realized I was keeping a 6:00 min/km pace. I thought I was going much slower! After about the 6K point, my legs started getting tired, and I worked hard not to feel pathetic. I know runs of this distance will get easy again, and will no longer be considered "long" soon enough. I just slowed down, and kept moving, to the next tree, to the next driveway, to the next stop sign, to the end of the song. Before I knew it, I'd passed the 8K point and hit 52 minutes of running.
The run had been on and off of snow so I stretched out my calves really well when I got home, did some push ups to work towards the 100x challenge, and that was that!
This month, I just want more runs like that! I've made a training plan for the 1/2 in May, and I just want to stick to that this month.
Food wise, I have a goal to not repeat any dinners this month. I'm going to keep going with the food journal I started last month (post coming).
Mind-wise, I want to finish my current book and get onto another.
And finally, I just want to keep my work hours in check!
good job amy!
ReplyDeleteYeah!! Good run!!
ReplyDeleteGood goals!
ReplyDeleteHave a great February!
good luck on your feb goals!
ReplyDelete