One good run. Sometimes that's all it takes to feel like you're getting back on track.
Like many others, I've been struggling to get back into the groove with my running and diet since completing my marathon. I'd been out twice, totalling about 10K, but have been feeling little motivation to get out to run.
This week, I made it a goal to run at least 3 times. I didn't run Monday. I didn't run Tuesday. Today, it was dreary and damp. Wah, wah, wah. I decided to go to the gym and hit the treadmill for at least 3 slow miles. After 1.5 miles, I went a little faster, then a little faster when I got to 2 miles. At 3 miles, I wanted to up the speed a bit more, and decided to do another mile. When I got to 4 miles, I decided it would feel great to run 5 miles, so I sped up a bit more and did it!
The good news is that I felt no pain in my hip during this run, and the weather is supposed to improve for tomorrow and Friday.
Way to go Amy! Maybe you did the right thing by starting off slower and just easing the body into the five mile run! I am happy that you are getting back into the running groove:) Send of your mojo my way....please!
ReplyDeleteGlad you didn't feel any hip pain! Maybe you just needed a bit of rest!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I hope I find my groove again sooN! My last two runs have felt AWFUL.
ReplyDeletewooohoooo to no hip pain! thats awesome.
ReplyDeletei have an idea for our november challenge! ill email u this afternoon
Glad to hear you had no hip pain!
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way with running some days - I'll just start slow and only plan a few miles, 5 or 6 miles later I'll be running fast LOL.